- CNet News - A general computing news site
- The Register - irreverent news site, and current home of the BOFH archives.
- The Standard - "Intelligence for the internet economy"? hmmm. Well- a few useful articles at least.
- Red Herring - Tech Industry analysts
Truly miscellaneous miscellany
Freedoms, privacy and the law
Iain M Banks
- Security Focus - - home of BUGTRAQ- many useful resources
- Rootshell.com - Exploits galore. Worth visiting, if only to scare yourself into taking security
- Nessus - A security scanner
- The Abacus Project - Useful set of utilities for intrusion prevention, including a log monitor and
port scan detector, amongst others